A Message From The General Board of the 1st Free Will Baptist Church
On Thursday, October 22nd, at 5:33pm, the leadership of the 1st Free Will Baptist Church was notified that a parishioner tested positive, via the Rapid Antigen test, for COVID-19 on that same day. This parishioner attended Celebrate Recovery on October 16th and Sunday Morning Worship on October 17th. For reasons of privacy, confidentiality, and HIPAA, we are not releasing the name of the parishioner that has tested positive.
Per our Health and Pandemic Policy, we are notifying, to the best of our ability, all those who were in attendance on the dates noted above. Also, according to our Health and Pandemic Policy, a deep cleaning and sanitation has been performed, and we will be cancelling all in-person gatherings for 14 days, beginning Thursday, October 22nd. These gatherings include:
- Fall Gathering @ Kennon Home; October 23rd
- Sunday School, Discipleland, and Sunday Morning Worship; October 25th & November 1st
- Celebrate Recovery CrossTalk Café, Large Group, and Small Group; October 24th
- 4 Ever Family Fun Night; October 31st
- Wednesday Evening Family Ministries; October 28th & November 4th
Our Health and Pandemic Policy is available online or in print, upon request, to any member at any time.
In lieu of in-person gatherings, Sunday Morning Worship & Celebrate Recovery will be live streamed during the hours they would typically be held. I.E. Sunday Morning worship will be live on Sundays @ 10:30 a.m. & Celebrate Recovery will be live on Saturdays @ 7:00 p.m. We respectfully ask that all members continue to give during this time. Giving can be done online @ https://www.1stfreewillbaptist.church/giving or by contacting Bill Pattengill.
We continue to encourage all parishioners to proceed with incorporating good personal hygiene. We also continue to encourage everyone to interact socially in ways that they are comfortable with. #ItsOKtoSmileAndWave We also continue to encourage the following:
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick;
- Stay home if you are sick;
- Cover your cough or sneeze into a tissue, and then throw the tissue away immediately;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray, or wipe;
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds multiple times per day, especially after using the restroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, or after coughing. If soap and water are not readily available at the time, use an alcohol based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Representing The General Board In Christ,